PART I: SHORT ANSWER
Directions: Please answer each of the following questions. Please ensure that your responses are at least 3 to 5 sentences in length.
1. What is the difference between simple correlation and a cause-and-effect relationship?
2. List the parts of the scientific method.
3. The scientific method is central to all work that a scientist does. Can this method be applied to the ordinary activities of life? How might a scientific approach change how you choose your clothing, your recreational activities, or a car? Can these choices be analyzed scientifically? Should they be analyzed scientifically? Is there anything wrong with looking at these decisions from a scientific point of view?
4. What is chemistry and what does chemistry have to do with biology?
5. List the five forms of energy.
6. How many protons, electrons, and neutrons are in a neutral atom of potassium having an atomic weight of 39?
7. Describe the difference between a reactant and a product.
8. List three monomers and the polymers that can be constructed from the monomers.
9. Describe how DNA differs from and is similar to RNA both structurally and functionally.
10. What is meant by HDL, LDL, and VLDL? Where are they found? How do they relate to disease?
PART II: ESSAY
Directions: Write a 1 to 2 page, double-spaced paper in 12 pt. font in response to the following question. Find one article using AAU’s LIRN (library) to use as support. Please use APA format. Please visit the Academic Resource Center for an effective guide on how use LIRN and for concise APA guidelines.
Ecosystem vs. Biosphere
Compare and contrast the differences of the ecosystem vs. the biosphere. Then, explain why they need to go together to form a better place for all of us.