Directions: Read the prompts below and write your answer. The response to each question should be at least two paragraphs in length. Each paragraph must be five to seven sentences in length.
1. Define motivation and emotion.
2. Explain the biological and psychological aspects of both motivation and emotion.
3. What are the levels in Maslow’s hierarchy of needs?
4. Define sex, gender, sexuality, and sexual orientation.
5. What are examples of external and internal (social and biological) factors that affect gender identity and sexual orientation?
6. Describe Solomon’s opponent-process theory of motivation and analyze his explanation of craving diverse things, such as parachute jumping, drugs, and dysfunctional lovers.
7. Identify and summarize the principles behind the different personality theories.
8. How are personality types and disorders assessed?