Weekly tasks or assignments (Individual or Group Projects) will be due by Monday, and late submissions will be assigned a late penalty in accordance with the late penalty policy found in the syllabus. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
Public Domain or Open-Source Literature
Open-source literature is in the public domain, which means that it is available for use without having to request permission from the author and without having to pay royalties.
- Conduct a search to find literature in each of the four main genres:
- Dramatic writing
- Choose 1 work from each of the four genres, and identify the title and author using this template to document your choices. Be sure to use proper citations and references.
Step 2: Read the first 2-3 paragraphs of each of the four works chosen, and address the following in your summary for each piece:
- What do you know about the work based on that short passage?
- Are any characters revealed? Who are they?
- What emotions does this piece evoke?
- How does this work relate to your own personal experience?
Please submit your assignment.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.