Africa has four Nobel Laureates for literature and a rich and varied artistic heritage. Examples of well-known annual African cultural festivals include Fespaco, the continent-wide film festival in Ouagadougou in Burkina Faso, Poetry Africa in Durban, South Africa and the Zanzibar International Film Festival in Tanzania.
IX. Colonial impact on art and culture:
- How does the art and culture of your country reflect colonial impact:
- in the media of your country?
- in the literature of your country?
- in the film of your country?
- in the festivals of your country?
- in the music and dance of your country?
- in the cuisine of your country?
- in the major religions of your country, e.g. Are there signs of religious syncretism?
X. Leading/notable influences on art and culture and their works (identify 3):
- Who are the leading or notable influences of art and culture in your country – what are some examples of their work and what is the impact of their work both locally and internationally?
- Who are the major writers … what are some examples … what is their impact locally/internationally?
- Who are the major artists … what are some examples … what is their impact locally/internationally?
- Who are the major film makers … what are some examples … what is their impact locally/internationally?
- Who are the major musicians … what are some examples … what is their impact locally/internationally?
Using all the data and analysis you have done pertaining to the above questions, write a conclusion addressing how culture in your country can play a role in economic and social development.
XII. Other Requirements:
- Referencing: Evidential Proof of sources used: Paper should be supported by evidence and quotations from sources. At least three sources with APA citation at the bottom of the report, Variation in selection of sources. (You can access APA citation style information at http://guides.libraries.psu.edu/apaquickguide (é“¾æŽ¥åˆ°å¤–éƒ¨ç½‘ç«™ã€‚))
- Organization of text: Well organized, detailed and logical/cohesive arguments addressing relevant issues.
Your work will be graded according to the
Refer to the item Submit Country Research Project STEP 3 for how to submit your work.