Read the article and answer the questions in writing.
https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/560c/b15fc48e8f8a… (Links to an external site.)
- On page 1 of the article, the author mentions, â€œYou can have your cake and eat it too!â€
What is the author talking about?
- According to the author, what happens when profits and social welfare go into â€œdirect oppositionâ€? (p.1)
- On page 1, the author claims that focus on social responsibility is worse than being â€œineffective and irrelevantâ€. How does he explain that?
- How does the author explain the success of companies that incorporated the need for improved social welfare in their business model? (p. 2)
- On p.2, the author argues that not all companies seize the opportunity to make profit on incorporating social welfare in their business models. What two reasons does the author suggest?
- What two examples of â€œdoing best for societyâ€ will result in â€œsacrificing profitsâ€ does the author provide on page 3?
- How does the author differentiate corporate executives and privately operated companies in their pursuit of social welfare? (p. 3)
- On pp. 4-5, the author discusses 3 solutions for balancing the profits and social welfare:
government regulation, watchdog and advocates, and self-control. Summarize their pros and cons.
9.Do you agree with the author? Why or Why not?
Watch the video and write an annotated bibliography according to MLA for this source