Report – Draft Version
Write a formal justification report to an organization making a recommendation to implement a particular product, service, or program. The organization may have a business, governmental, professional, or social focus.
The report may focus on a “real” or “made-up” recommendation, but you should direct the report to an actual organization, even if you do not plan to actually submit the report. The audience within the organization will be whatever level is most appropriate to make a decision on the topic of your report.
Write a minimum of 4-6 single-spaced report pages (not including the table of contents, transmittal form, executive summary, or title page).
- Organize the reports by section headings.
- The report should contain relevant and applicable graphics (at least one).
- The findings should be based on research, including at least one (1) primary source and at least three (3) secondary sources. Sources should be credible and reliable (no Wikipedia).
- The report should reflect a style and format appropriate for business, i.e., single spacing and bullet points are acceptable for the business report.
- Headings, figures, and appendices should follow guidelines of APA style. All in-text citations and the references page should be cited according to APA style, 6th edition guidelines.
- Title page
- Transmittal (1 page)
- Table of contents
- Executive summary (1 page)
- Problem statement
- Method used
Your assignment must:
- Be typed, single spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Use sentence variety and effective word choice in written communication.
- Organize ideas logically by using transitional words, phrases, and sentences.
- Support ideas or claims in body paragraphs with clear details, examples, and explanations.
- Apply writing process strategies to develop formal business reports and/or proposals.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues related to selected topics.
- Write clearly and concisely using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic/organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.