Not all countries have moved through all four phases of the demographic transition. You are a consultant for a developing country that is not yet in phase IV of demographic transition.
In your own words, complete the following:
- Define demographic transition.
- Describe the 4 phases of demographic transition, including if the population is stable, growing, or declining in each. ·
- According to demographers, what factors lead to a decline in the crude birth rates (CBR) and crude death rates (CDR) in the epidemiologic and fertility phases of the demographic transition? ·
- Briefly describe three living conditions and/or environmental impacts in developed countries that have reached phase IV, and contrast them with these conditions or impacts in developing countries that remain in earlier phases. ·
- Assuming that the demographic transition phase IV is a goal for developing countries, what two programs or initiatives would you suggest to assist them in progress toward this goal?
Your organization is about to review their energy use and develop an energy plan, including as many renewable power sources as possible. You have been asked to prepare a research paper for management about fossil fuel, nuclear energy, and alternative/green power sources.
You will prepare a research paper to discuss the following topics:
1. The law of conservation of energy with an explanation of how this law applies to energy use and energy conversions.
2. The pros and cons of the following:
- fossil fuel: oil, natural gas, and coal
- nuclear energy
- Solar energy
- Wind power
- Water (hydro) power
- Bioconversion (biofuel)
3. Research and discuss two provisions of the Energy Policy Act, 2005, including the possibility of tax incentives.
This is an APA research paper. See APA paper template; make sure that references are listed and cited in APA style.