IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING WORD LIMIT REQUIREMENTS:
Please note that each and every assignment has its own word limit.
Throughout this course, you will complete various assignments that will culminate in a detailed program proposal to address a public health issue for a target population. This project provides experience outlining the specific activities necessary to create a realistic intervention and reach an attainable goal for a selected target population. The overall steps for this project include the assessment of a target population and its respective public health issue, designing an intervention, developing a realistic budget and work plan, collaborating with stakeholders and determining a means to evaluate the program’s effectiveness.
For this assignment, identify a public health issue that you would like to use for your Program and Planning Project. Research this public health issue using the Healthy People website. In a 1,250-1,500 word paper, discuss the following:
- Describe the public health issue you chose for this project. Describe the demographics of the target population. Based on the evidence from Health People 2020, conduct a needs assessment for this community. Discuss the prevalent gaps identified that need to be addressed in order to reduce health inequity.
- Research current polices at the local and federal level. Discuss how these directly influence health and health equity for this target population.
- Identify overall challenges and barriers to addressing the public health issue with this target population.
- What cultural values and practices of this target population must be considered in the design and implementation of this public health program? Discuss the importance in achieving cultural competence for your target population, as it relates to your program.
- Based on your target population and the information you have gathered, describe areas that can be used for successful community collaboration.
- Use epidemiologic data (EBP) to support your proposed topic.
You are required to cite at least SIX sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the discussion question criteria and public health content.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide. An abstract is not required.
While APA style is required, solid academic writing is expected as well, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
PLEASE make sure APA citation and permalink for articles are complete and correct.
PLEASE add the links/sites below to the reference list if you use any of these readings and make sure everything is in proper APA format.
Read Chapters 1, 2, and 4 in Health Promotion Programs: From Theory to Practice.
Read “Community Needs Assessments Leading to Better Outcomes,” by Wahowiak, from American Journal of Public Health (2017).
View “9/10/08: Needs Assessment Procedures,” by Nextlab (2008), located on the Vimeo website.
Explore the Healthy People 2020 website.
MUST have at least 5 citations with the page numbers and 5 references in APA format.(The List of References should not be older than 2016 and should not be included in the word count.) Include at least one scholarly reference and appropriate in-text citations and Address all points on the DQ. One point will be deducted for not addressing each item mentioned above. Remember that presenting someone else’s work as your own is plagiarism.
Be sure to support your postings and responses with specific references to the Learning Resources.
It is important that you cover all the topics identified in the assignment. Covering the topic does not mean mentioning the topic BUT presenting an explanation from the context of ethics and the readings for this class
I am a stickler for good organization in everything. I do not want to have to dig for your answers. For instance, if an assignment asks you to provide three examples of something, I suggest that you number them 1-3 so I can find them easily. I also expect that when you submit something as a narrative, you pay attention to how you organize your thoughts: use paragraphs with a topic sentence and supporting sentences; and change paragraphs whenever you introduce a new idea. Also, if there are multiple parts to an assignment, use sub-heads within the paper to organize them.
To get maximum points you need to follow the requirements listed for this assignments 1) look at the word/page limits 2) review and follow APA rules 3) create subheadings to identify the key sections you are presenting and 4) Free from typographical and sentence construction errors.
REMEMBER IN APA FORMAT JOURNAL TITLES AND VOLUME NUMBERS ARE ITALICIZED.