Week 10 social science
Prepare a position paper on a controversial issue in the news. Explain how the controversial issue has been impacted by the advancement of technology in the media. Select one of the topics addressed in this class: Race in the media, body image, treatment of women in the workplace (including equal pay and online harassment), public trust in the media, and free speech and hate speech.
You will want your position paper to outline specifically what the nature of the problem is, and demonstrate critical thinking, sound logic, valid claims, personal passion and credible support that is cited correctly.
Write a three-page paper in which you:
- In the introduction, include a quote, question or statistic from your text and an overview of the three major points you will cover.
- Introduce your position with a thesis statement at the end of the first paragraph.
- Provide three major points to support your thesis statement (put each major point in a separate paragraph).
- Wrap up your assignment with a strong conclusion in which you re-state the points you made and supported.
- Organize arguments and support your claims effectively.
- Demonstrate personal passion for your position and critical thinking with persuasive language, sound logic, valid claims and credible support for the claims.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. All quotes, paraphrasing, and statistics require a properly formatted source page —even if only using your textbook.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title and the date. Include a source page to demonstrate understanding of the Strayer Writing Standards. The cover and source pages are not included in the required assignment page length. An Assignment 2 Sample [PDF] has been provided for your reference.
Strayer University Library
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
Describe the impact of technological advancements on different types of media and social issues.