Some of the ways in which working practices may change as a result of introducing new technology include:
- Job content: who does what, when, how, and how much as computers make things more formal rather than less formal.
- Personnel policies: probably as a result of changes to job content (confidentiality of information for example)
- Job satisfaction: motivation control, financial and other rewards, learning new skills
- Power and influence: This may shift between individuals or groups.
- Working environment: changes in space and equipment allocation
- What reactions and attitudes can be observed when social aspects change at the workplace as a result of work practices and new computer technology? What does the information worker have to consider in terms of accepting new technology and how is his/her success measured?
- A written MS-Word paper consisting of 2 to 3 pages (excluding cover page and references).