Written Assignment: Email [10 marks]Instructions: Read the following email, below, from a frustrated manager to her staff. Consider the email’s effectiveness, tone, and potential barriers to communication.
- Rewrite the email in MS Word.
- Describe the issue in your own words.
- Improve the tone, conciseness, and organization.
- Change negative language to positive language.
- Change the focus from sender to receiver, using the “you” view, and show benefits to the readers.
- Include headings (date, to, from, subject) and other memo formatting.
- Include one or more bulleted lists to improve readability.
- Post your document to Schoology.
Date: January 30, 2020
To: All Employees
From: Your email address
Subject: Disaster zone!
OMG! I said U were supposed to clean the work area last week, but that didn’t happen. A few office girls cleaned their desks, but no one cleaned the common areas, you all saw what a mess they were in!
So we’re gonna try it all over again. Our company can’t afford to hire cleaners. So I am writing to inform you that I wanna see empty wastebaskets on Friday. And the lunchroom. It’s a disaster area. You gotta throw any food left in the fridge on Friday afternoon in the trash, I don’t wanna smell that stink on Monday. And you’d better not leave any spills on the counter.
If you can’t do a better job this Friday. I will have to assign you to a specific cleaning schedule, which I don’t want to do, but you may force me don’t make me do this or I’ll be angry!