Summary:Revenue at the Maryland Zoo in Baltimore often fluctuates depending
on state and local economic conditions. When the economy declines, the
zoo receives less funding from the state and city of Baltimore as well
as less support from corporate and private sponsorship.However, membership has remained relatively steady. Membership has
remained at more than 10,000 members despite spending changes on
marketing and communications by the Board of Directors. (See the
Maryland Zoo’s Annual Reports for financial details at http://www.marylandzoo.org/publications/)Assignment:
- Your job is to create a marketing plan designed to increase membership to the Maryland Zoo with a direct mail postcard campaign.
As you have been building each section
of the project and fine-tuning it based on the feedback you have
received during the semester, it’s now time to put your plan and
promotion together into final report. Here is how you will be evaluated.Your final report should include the following:
- An Executive Summary the gives a brief
overview summarizing the challenges facing the zoo and briefly explains
each part of your plan.
- SWOT Analysis
- Environmental Scan
- Recommended Promotion Strategy using a postcard campaign. Your Recommended Promotion Strategy must include the following:
- the target market segment;
- the marketing message;
- the estimated cost of printing, acquiring target market lists, and mailing the postcard;
- your projections showing how you expect the campaign to perform;
- and how you will track the results of the campaign to determine if it was successful;
- Your sample postcard promoting the zoo that you would propose sending with the goal of increasing membership.